Location: London Based – With regular UK travel
Pay: £75 per hour / £600 per day based on 8 hour day
Contract Duration: 12 months
There is a fantastic new opening for a Solution Architect with previous experience in the Police or Government sector. You will be a vital part of a Design Team who are responsible for the business and technical strategy, architecture, and assurance. Most importantly, the Design Team analyse and decide what new business and technical services will provide users with the most value. This requires all work to be carried out in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders.
The Solution Architect will have significant freedom to push innovative approaches. It is essential that the successful person will be leading discovery of key challenges and constraints, as well as come up with technical solutions.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Proven delivery within the Police or Government sector – ideally a national law enforcement solution.
- Able to lead technical and economic value discussions with senior executives.
- Proven decision maker in major technology implementations / cloud transformations.
- Can impact and influence users, customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy.
- Creates real and measurable business results as evidenced by operational solutions.
- Experience in the design of cloud-based solutions ideally on AWS.
- Experience of cloud scripting, virtualisation, containerisation, autoscaling, etc.
- Experience implementing Identity & Access Management (IAMs), ideally in Azure AD.
- Understanding of IAMs governance, e.g. with SailPoint IdentityNow.
- Experience of applying security in depth, e.g. monitor microservices with a tool such as Istio.
- Knowledge of event-based architectures, e.g. using Kafka.
- Able to apply patterns to solve known enterprise and software challenges.
- Knowledge of the tools and processes for DevOps continuous build and integration.
- Experience of delivery with agile methods, such as SCRUM.
- Able to advise technologies and frameworks to use, ideally open-source.
- Proven delivery of enterprise solutions within complex stakeholder environments.
- Able to lead design sessions with a mix of business and technical people.
- Experience in the design and delivery of rapid technical feasibility studies and prototypes.
- Able to balance technical vision with business drivers and ‘brownfield’ constraints.
- At least five years’ experience as an architect / lead designer of technical solutions.
- At least three years’ experience leading the delivery of cloud transformations.
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and a wide range of people.
- Demonstrates good organisational skills giving the ability to deliver to timeframes and estimates.
- Demonstrates good written, oral, comprehension and presentational skills.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge of forensics technology – biometric and/or digital.
- Experience of enterprise networking and integration in the police or Government sector, including hybrid cloud.
- Ability to model and migrate business units to shared services / common data models.
- Knowledge of law enforcement and data protection regulations.
- Experience in technical design modelling & methods – UML, BPMN, SOA, TOGAF.
- Exposure to complex data environments, e.g. within law enforcement / intelligence.
- Able to demonstrate technical thought leadership to customers / in conferences.
- Skills in the delivery of secure environments (OFFICIAL-SENSTIVE)
- Experience of different databases & stores – relational, document, graph, object (S3).
- Understanding of computing trends, e.g. AI, IoT, open source, distributed processing.
- Hold, have held, or eligible to apply for UK based security clearance – ideally NPPV2 or 3.
- Hold an undergraduate degree – ideally in computer science, maths, or engineering.
- Qualification in Cloud Architecture
- Other technical qualifications / training, e.g. in specific cloud services (AWS, Azure), systems design, etc.
- Security certification, e.g. CISSP, CISMP, etc.
Useful further experience:
- Azure AD
- Sailpoint IdentityNow
Please apply today if you meet the criteria above.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.