Are you a professional Drools Developer looking for your next challenge?
A Global Travel Technology provider is currently working on a real-time streaming platform project that would allow airlines to react in real-time to their operations, creating and running key use cases in a modern and highly serviceable environment.
You'll get the chance to participate in the design and development of the platform that touches all segment of the airline business such as reservations, ticketing, departure control, inventory or even airlines proprietary systems.
What you'll do;
- Design, document, develop, implement and unit test software modules
- Desing elegant and workable software solutions, both on an application and system-wide level
- Maintain timely reports on status of projects, potential technical problems and any other relevant details
- Participate in the validation/ acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalise the product
- Think and code like a designer/ architect
- Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by customers to ensure compliance of products to the specifications and system integrity
- Debug efficiently
- Create an update standardised documentation
- Conduct routine performance analysis and optimise software
What you'll need;
- Experience in the travel industry and or IT industry
- Must have strong experience of Drools and usage of it in a big data context
- Strong understanding of complex business processes and translate them into specifications, clear diagrams (e.g. flowcharts)
- Hands on experience with Java, Linux, Kafka and MongoDB
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus
Additional contribution to other key aspects of the platform;
- Real-time data acquisition platform (ETL), leveraging on Kafka and MongoDB to build a powerful, micro-service based, streaming architect
- Future development of a Big Data module (Hadoop/ Spark ecosystem), intended to provide Data Scientist all the tools to analyse their data, build models and apply machine learning to their business and operations
- Contribute to al components being cloud ready, making the most of Red Hat Open-shift technology
- Contribute to the Agility Hub RESTful "Digital API" in JSON
This is an initial 12 months contract opportunity with potential to extend.