About the job
Installation Design Engineer
Remote with travel to Warwick office occasionally
This is a fresh permanent opportunity due to growth, working for a stable and innovative infrastructure communications company remotely as an Installation Design Engineer.
We are seeking an experienced Installation Design Engineer who has previous experience to date of producing installation designs for core IP network/transmission equipment. This is not the actual installing role, it is producing the design documents for the installation of equipment.
The type of equipment involved will be Radio (RF, Distributed Antenna Systems), Digital TV, Public Address and Voice Alert systems, Wi-Fi network, Terminal Equipment (desk telephones, wireless APs, CCTV cameras, sound and light Beacons. This means we need an experienced Installation Design Engineer within Telecommunications who understands telecommunications cabling, infrastructure, and products; Someone can produce the required engineering designs, who has the necessary experience and essential skills to carry out the listed responsibilities below;
Skills, Experience, and Ideal Qualifications
- Demonstrable success in producing detailed designs
- Strong team building skills
- Technical knowledge of a wide range of telecommunications products and solutions
- Telecommunications industry experience
- Experienced in the production of complex design solutions
- Experience of producing 2D and 3D models using AutoCAD software
- A proven understanding of the: Telecommunications cabling, cable management and cable infrastructure, Installation of telecommunications equipment
- The use of Excel, Word and Visio.
- A general understanding of network design
- Degree or HND/HNC in and engineering related subject or experience working in an Installation Design environment
- AutoCAD experience – certification desirable but not required
- Demonstrating that safety is the first consideration.
- Being prepared to “call out” when something is “not right” in a constructive and positive way.
- A desire to build robust working relationships
- Honesty, to admit or point out when things are not going well
- Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
- Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one’s own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
- Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
- Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when you disagree with them.
- Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person’s understanding
- Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
- Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions, and remaining positive.
Permanent Employee Perks;
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Rewards Scheme
Please attach your for consideration.