Key Skills: Atlassian, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Crowd, Linux, SQL, DevOps, CI/CD, Jenkins, Vagrant, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SCM (Git, Subversion),
Who you’ll be working with:
My client a is one of the world's leading providers of technology, consulting and outsourcing services and they are seeking an experienced ALM Tools Lead Engineer. You will be joining a small team who specialise in the design, installation, operation and exploitation of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as Atlassian’s Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket and Jira Service Desk. The team supports a user community of roughly 3000 users and is aiming to expand its services across the rest of the company and its clients.
The focus of Application Engineer role:
You will take a lead role in engineering new application solutions and maintaining existing systems, with a strong focus on automation. You will act as the primary escalation point within the team for complex technical issues, and will help to develop the technical skills of our junior engineers. You will use DevOps principles to support the entire technology stack.
What you’ll do:
With a focus on the Atlassian suite of ALM tools, you will:
- Engineer and lead the implementation of new application solutions at enterprise scale, leveraging the latest automation and DevOps technologies to minimise support overhead and re-work while streamlining the deployment and upgrade processes
- Engineer and lead the transformation of existing application solutions, using the same principles outlined above
- Act as the primary technical escalation point for a small team of junior support engineers, taking the lead in root cause analysis and resolution of complex operational issues
- Support the training of our junior engineers and help to federate knowledge of the tech stack, from Linux system administration to the latest automation and orchestration technologies
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and technologies, intersecting where appropriate and helping to bring into the team.
What you’ll bring:
- A desire to take the next step in your career and a passion for developing new skills.
- A creative outlook. An interest in taking emerging technologies and using them to implement new and innovative solutions.
- A willingness to take ownership, inspire others, and see things through to completion.
- A solid background in a wide range of infrastructure and application technologies. This includes, but is not limited to: Apache, Linux, Nginx, SQL databases, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd etc.), Windows Server, cloud platforms, scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby, Powershell, Perl), Vagrant, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, SCM (Git, Subversion), GoCD, Java, Tomcat, backup technologies, networking, DNS, SSL, REST APIs. Please note that it is not necessary to have experience in the complete list, but the ability and desire to learn is critical.
- Experience of SCRUM and Agile methodology is desirable but not critical
- Architecture design experience is desirable but not critical
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. Although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, they also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different: