Technical Bid Writer, Warwick
IDPP is representing a company that provides technology and network services to many of the UK and Ireland’s largest and most mission- critical operational systems. From Public Safety to Defence, Transport to Service Provider – when it matters most, they deliver. Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are that our client has enabled the technology to make this happen.
- We are looking for a Sales aware bid / technical writer who will join the company to produce, develop & own reusable information for use in bids and tenders. produced within the business.
- Reporting to the Head of Bid Management for Traffic, the role will also involve the development and delivery of documentation required for products and establishing a range of processes and procedures as required by the various business units.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality documents for bids & tenders.
- Establish & own a database of reusable information for use in bids & tenders.
- Producing documentation (data sheets, handbooks etc.) for products and services.
- Produce process & procedures documentation as required, for example “what to do in the case of fault X” procedures.
- Building relationships within the business to ensure information is being used in a standard look and feel.
- High quality technical documentation e.g. bids, handbooks, data sheets and procedures.
- Documentation standards.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
A degree in Computer Science/Engineering/English or equivalent experience and qualifications is required
- Computer Science/Technical experience is essential.
- Experience in the production of quality documents for bids & tenders, process & procedures and product documentation.
- Excellent writing & publishing skills.
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
- Sales/ Bid awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated and able to work and report efficiently unsupervised.
Please apply today if this is something of interest!