Salary: £88k + package
Job Title: Practice Lead
Location: UK-London, Portsmouth or Wokingham (remote for the foreseeable future)
A leading IT Services and Consulting business, dedicated to making the difficult feel easy for our customers. We specialise in Cloud solutions, IT transformation, IT project delivery and the complete IT lifecycle management. We simplify every step and work with our customers to ensure our technology enables their business to succeed. Founded 25 years ago, we are headquartered in the UK, with offices in; London, Portsmouth, Wokingham, Stevenage, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Singapore and India.
This is an exciting time to join as we’re going through a planned period of growth due to our strong performance with our enviable client list.
The PL is recognised as a thought leader and mentor to the customer as well as the Team. The PL is accountable for the high-quality delivery of Consulting Services to our customers and leads a designated Practice area within the World Wide Delivery team.
Leveraging deep technical services experience as well as in-depth knowledge of market demands, the Practice Lead (PL), leads delivery to drive delivery excellence and support our ability to achieve revenue and margin targets and supports the definition of the Services offerings and partners with sales.
• Ensure customer service delivery adheres to documented agreements and Statement of Works. Able to manage client relationships and build consensus and trust in delivery. Coach others on client agenda and customer ownership.
• Provide subject matter expertise, with customer projects and technical mentoring within the delivery team, both as a leader and in an active consulting capacity.
• Support the Line of Business project related financial goals.
• Ensure team delivery responsibilities on billable engagements are achieved with focus on quality, through ownership of the engagement.
• Articulate the value of services across the entire Delivery Portfolio to solve customer problems.
• Consulting Craft: Demonstrate proficiency within areas of subject matter expertise, written/verbal communication, presentation, facilitation, interviewing, and delivery. Serve effectively in project governance/leadership roles on small, medium and large engagements. Guide others to achieve both individual and team-based goals.
• Recognised internal expert within technical/functional areas; Develop new techniques, processes and standards; Track industry developments for new tools and techniques.
• Identify efficiencies and anticipate/resolve potential problems within Line of Business and the customer. Design, perform and oversee key areas of analysis and technical decision-making. Guide overall technical/functional approach.
• Provide leadership and support to Project Managers and project teams to ensure quality delivery and customer satisfaction. Serves as a role model for others to follow. Able to take and deliver against expectations of lead project roles. Leads/drives efforts to mentor or train others.
Proactive monitoring & support for pipeline aligned to practice. Review, sign off and plan technical resources into the opportunity by required start date
• Accountable for technical screening and interviewing across. Provide coaching across D&O technical community in screening/interviewing techniques.
• Ensure the professional development of the technical resources assigned and the performance management within context of the project / engagement.
• Operate as part of the Consulting leadership team to create and drive Practice Affinity Groups, to deliver best practice education, technology and service offering updates operating as SME for all business stakeholders
• Stay abreast of emerging market trends, technologies, gather customer insight and work with CSD/SSD to drive new and/or update existing service offerings in collaboration with Sales & Service Strategy Director.
• Ensure service offerings are standardised, deliverable and profitable within the construct of our go to market strategy.
• Work with Sales/Pre-sales to understand Role qualification and transposing that information into Job specifications for the recruitment team. Support agency briefings to ensure roles are understood.
• Accountable for the continual review and development of the Practice Definition, in line with business needs.
• Proven delivery skills.
• Understanding of Technical Design Authority.
• Ownership of engagement (leading the team).
• Strong understanding of markets, opportunities and competitors, as well as business issues and challenges.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations to customers and employees.
• Excellent consulting and interpersonal skills; proven ability to influence and gain consensus.
• Structured problem solving and analytical skills.
• Collaborative working style encompassing all delivery disciplines.
• Able to lead real and virtual teams to reach one common end goal.
• Able to provide mentoring across the delivery team.
General Skills & Experience:
• Experienced professional services/technical consultant to support pre-sales engagement calls with customers and to deliver engagements sold.?£?
• Proven experience as a successful technical infrastructure consultant with customer relationship management, technical pre-/post-sales experience,
• Proven experience of people management across a dispersed team.
• Detailed knowledge of the infrastructure industry and associated emerging trends.
• Knowledge of the different services and offerings.
• Demonstrated technical design and implementation of infrastructure solutions.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Project facilitation ensuring delivery of services set up in line with customer’s needs.
• Demonstrable ability to work as a consultant to CIO/IT Director level.
• Manage workshop environments, taking ownership and leading all aspects of workshop facilitation.
• Interface with Project Managers within and the client’s IT staff to ensure effective delivery of services.
• Demonstrable ability to provide robust and clear feedback to both internal and external stakeholders
Technical Expertise, Qualifications and Accreditations:
• Educated to degree level, or equivalent
• 15 years’ experience within a consulting organisation
• 5 years people management experience
• Broad knowledge across data centre and workspace
• Deep knowledge across VMware, Microsoft and data centre technologies such as Networking, storage etc.
• At least 4 relevant Vendor Certifications