Senior Network Security Design Engineer
Location: Remote with occasional travel to nearest office as/when needed (Surrey ideally, or choice of Warwick, London, Wellingborough, Chorley)
Salary: £45'000 - £55'000 Per Annum dependent on experience
+ car allowance of £410 per month. Chance to earn up to £6k more with overtime and on-call allowances.
Eligibility for an SC will be needed for this role
A fantastic permanent opportunity has arisen to work for a successful and innovative Infrastructure Communications company as a Senior Network Security Design Engineer. We are seeking an experienced professional with leadership skills, strong experience within Network Security, and accreditation of any Specialist level security certification eg; CCNP-SEC/JNCIS or IP-SEC.
You will need to have an in-depth knowledge on Firewalls, particularly Palo Alto, alongside product experience with Juniper SRX, Cisco AXA, AND additionally exposure and understanding of SIEM platform. You will be working within a positive culture, where employees are well rewarded and have opportunity to progress, acting as the last line technical lead to resolve technical design or support problems for an impressive customer base.
- To act as a technical lead within the customer account for both internal and external requirements.
- To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service.
- To act as a the last line technical lead to resolves technical problems, either design or support related problems. To take a lead where required in root cause analysis to drive issue resolution and limit impact to the customer.
- To train internal staff on product and customer networks.
- To review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customer expectations. To add value and highlight trends within the call data. Ensuring escalation and feedback drives a high level of performance throughout the business.
- To be responsible for the documentation and upkeep of technical databases relating to the customers network infrastructure such that internal engineering colleagues can refer to this information held on either a WiKi or KEDB, assisting in the resolution of customer incidents and problems.
- To assist in the build and design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the company labs. To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Assist and/or lead in the pre-staging of equipment to be installed on customer sites as part of projects or installs.
- To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings, support reviews, project based, monthly service reviews, weekly incident reviews.
- Produce and Peer Review Low Level Designs
- To assist principle engineers in the development and demonstrations of new solutions both internally and externally.
- Be an expert in the required Technology for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development.
- Provide Technical assistance to the sales teams in whatever format is required (eg in customer meetings, presentations and response to tenders) so that opportunities are supported with the correct Technical expertise.
- Ensure time sheets are accurate and submitted weekly. Incident call updates, where required, are accurate, timely and meaningful. Overtime and expenses are completed and submitted accurately.
- Handling and protection of company information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
Skills - Qualifications:
- Any Specialist level security certification eg CCNP-SEC/JNCIS or IP-SEC. Does not have to be Cisco or Juniper only.
- Design and operate experience.
- In depth knowledge on Firewalls, IDS, IPS and Encryption.
- Experience in NAC, particularly ISE or Aruba ClearPass.
- Product experience ideally covering Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA. PaloAlto Firewalls, Bluecoat devices with Checkpoint experience being an added benefit
- Exposure or understanding of SIEM platforms
Permanent Employee Benefits:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Company Rewards Scheme
If you are interested and match the criteria above, please apply today with your updated CV.