Senior Rail Network Design Engineer
As a result of a healthy project pipeline, our client is now recruiting for a Senior Network Design Engineer to join their Rail Engineering team. Operating as part of a collaborative team working on an array of diverse projects, the Senior Network Design Engineer will provide skilled IP networking, telecommunications and transmission knowledge enabling:
- Design of green field IP networks and modifications to existing IP & SDH networks
- Design of Voice over IP Networks for Voice Concentrator renewals
- Create implementation plans for site works and integration testing
- Create cutover plans for transition into live environments
- Provide handover documentation to management centres
- Update of Telecoms design platforms
- Produce designs in accordance with the Rail Engineering Plan (RPR000001)
- Reform reviews to verify designs are compliant to contract technical requirements
- Creation of design packs in accordance with design rules
- Use of the NRDT, CRAMER, CAS, OSS and CCMS2 tools for design input
- Ensure designs are risk assessed in accordance with CDM obligations
- Produce Bill of Materials associated with designs to support implementation phases
- Provide technical support to implementation teams
- Produce as-built documentation
- Report against programme to relevant Project Manager
- Detailed working in a network role, preferably design
- Experience of SDH transmission network design, preferably recent.
- Minimum HNC/A level, technical degree desirable.
- Cisco CCNP (Desirable)
- Membership of engineering organisation (IET etc). desirable.
Excellent Employee benefits:
Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
• Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with company Reward scheme
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Please attach your CV for immediate consideration.