Technical Lead – Cloud & DevOps Team
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Salary: £500 - £600 per day
We are currently seeking a very experienced Technical Engineer to lead the Cloud & DevOps Team. We need a strong Team Leader who will be dedicated to transforming the way that Cloud services are consumed by our mission critical customers such as: Emergency Services, Defence, Service Providers, and Enterprises. You will be given the authority and autonomy to deliver high quality solutions meeting both the technical and business needs of customers, whilst being able to work in an outcome focused collaborative environment.
- To act as a technical lead within their nominated customer account or Project delivery for both internal and external requirements.
- To act as an internal technical escalation point and to be able to mentor/coach internal resources to achieve a higher level of service.
- To train internal engineering staff and customers on products and solutions.
- To add value by highlighting trends, security threats or technical bulletins which may impacts customers.
- To be responsible and accountable for all documentation and technical information relating to customer networks.
- To adhere to internal and external processes with regards to task allocation, completion, reporting and change. This includes updating all parties and associated documentation.
- To assist with Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities and pre/post-change lab testing in both customer facing and lab spaces.
- To help in the creation of TA, POC, RFC, WI and SoW documentation.
- Perform comprehensive peer review of engineering technical documentation.
- To attend, as required, the following customer facing meetings; support reviews, project roadmap, monthly service reviews and weekly incident reviews.
- To take the lead in value-add projects and innovations.
- Adhering to GDPR policy around sensitive data held on devices or central shares.
- Handling and protection of information and reporting of security incidents as defined in the Information Security Policy and the HR Information Security Policy.
- You will have responsibility of ensuring that the technical elements of the delivery are executed on time, within scope, and with quality.
- You will have ownership of your designs and the delivery of these designs into the project.
- You will be responsible for accurately documenting your solutions including High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, and Test Plans.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the below:
- Windows Systems Administration
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration
- Linux Systems Administration
- Linux Web Server Technologies (e.g. apache, nginx, lighttpd)
- Other Relational Database Technologies (e.g. mysql, postgresql)
- NoSQL Database Technologies (e.g. document stores, key-value stores, graph databases)
- Virtualisation Technologies (e.g. vmware, openstack, kvm)
- Scripting experience in powershell, bash, python, perl, ruby or similar
- Container technologies and orchestration (e.g. docker & docker cloud, kubernetes)
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS
- DB: PostgreSQL: HA Clusters with Patroni and ETCD
- Applications: Java Application Servers: Payara, Glassfish
- Load-balancing: HAProxy / nginx
- Automation, Lifecycle and Configuration Management: Foreman/RH Satellite 6, Puppet, Ansible
- Security: SELinux, CIS
- Object Storage: S3 and compatible
- Scripting: Python, Perl, Bash
- Monitoring: JMX, Graylog, Prometheus, Solarwinds
- Virtualisation: VMware, NSX, vCD
- Docker, Kubernetes
If interested, please apply today.