Technical Engineer (1st/2nd Line)
Our client is an expert at specialising in supporting the growth of businesses & organisations.
Specialising in tax & advisory services are just a few common sectors they cover nationwide as a company & they are now seeking a Technical Engineer who can provide internal technical support to their hardware/networking devices.
Rate - £130p/d
Duration - 3 months
Location - Bristol
Essential skills & expertise:
- Provide desk side support, by resolving IT problems, configuring PC’s, installing, upgrading and replacing core hardware and software.
- To provide local assistance to all ITS Resolver Groups in the delivery of IT solutions.
- To be involved, often as part of a project team, for IT implementations, installations and upgrades. This function may also include client site support for core products.
- Act as IT liaison and become involved in the implementation of best practice across business areas, by providing informal training and advice on the effective use of the firm’s hardware and software. Help colleagues within Operations by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
- Complete Local Support duties (e.g. team controlling, issue of IT consumables, asset and warranty management) following agreed processes in a timely fashion ensuring data provided is complete and accurate.
- Guidance and advice from Team Leader and when appropriate Local Support Manager and others across IT Services as required
- Must be able to seek assistance when required, plan own workload effectively and be capable of escalating team/technical issues in a professional manner to either Team Leader or Senior Technical Engineers
- Must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and KPMG guidelines.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to Partner level. The main contact will be within the Business and liaison with other UK IT colleagues.
- Minimum – O Levels or GCSE equivalent.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm towards studying and qualifying for A and hardware accreditations for desktop & laptop (Dell and Lenovo but should qualify for any other PC makes required by the firm).
- Be prepared to travel to other sites/regions
- Access to a car and full clean driving licence favourable.
- Experience of call logging & reporting in an ITSM tool preferably Service Now.
- Good knowledge of IT operating systems
- Experience of supporting customers by telephone / remotely
- 2 years of IT support experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MAC client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tech including AD, SCCM.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices (iPhone) and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Experience of VMware and Lenovo hardware
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Service Now)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- PC Builds & Printer Setup
Please apply with CV for further details directly to email@example.com