IDPP is currently recruiting for a Systems Engineering Team Lead to join a leading technology and network managed service provider on a full-time basis in Warwick or Heathcote Way. From Public Safety to Defense, Transport to Service Provider – when it matters most, they deliver. Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are that our client has enabled the technology to make this happen.
Within this role you will be expected to lead all aspects of Systems Engineering. Implement an engineering structure to deliver against business strategy and engineering demand and providing back office engineering support for the Technical Operational Teams across the Business. Developing the team into an effective engineering team able to deal with the wide range of technologies and practices within the space. Ensure compliance with client & internal procedures in production of all Engineering deliverables.
- Provide and develop the technical authority role for all projects and support contracts as agreed with the Head of Public Safety & Defense Engineering, taking the lead where required to ensure success.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and supervise the team activities of team members, setting priorities for team members to assure task completion. Reporting all activities and progress to the Head of PS&D Engineering.
- Maintain and evolve technical practices and policies as technology demands ensuring alignment with engineering best practice and business policies.
- Apply continual service improvement to all aspects of technical delivery and back office support.
- Deputize for the Head of PS&D Engineering during periods of absence, taking on the delegated authority for financial aspects.
- Act as the senior reviewer and approver for all technical documentation.
- Liaise with suppliers on products, project deliverables, and resolutions to problems.
- Ensure problem investigations are process driven and the results documented.
- Conduct design reviews with project and operational teams periodically to ensure compliance.
- Review customer Requests for Change and produce technical responses and resource estimates on behalf of the Operational Service team.
- Attend customer technical workshops and be able to present technical proposals.
- Ensure all design documentation reflects the system implementation to a high degree.
- Ensure test activities are undertaken and documentation is produced to validate the implemented designs and system changes.
- Ensure systems that are required for testing are maintained for their useful service life.
- Carryout witnessed FAT and site testing.
- Ensure onsite commissioning activities are appropriate, documented, and carried out safely.
- Ensure support is provided to site implementation teams where appropriate.
- Provide support for sales activities and product reviews.
- Ensure technical handover documents are produced and reflect the intended system.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Engineering for all Engineering Tasks.
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases.
- Develop practices and policies for effective engineering delivery and support Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
Experience in support, design, and project delivery on any of the following will be required:
- Engineering design and delivery practices
- Working to ISO9001 and 27001 standards, and area specific technical standards
- Wireless Systems specification, delivery, and support
- Server Hardware specification and auditing
- Windows Server OS Deployment, Administration, and maintenance
- SQL Databases
- Voice Systems (TDM and/or SIP)
- Active Directory administration and Group Policy creation
- IP Network Routing and Switching, and Firewalls
- An understanding of Security and Quality standards applicable to the IT Engineering sector
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering subject
- Chartered Engineer, Member of IET or similar institution