System Engineer-£40,000 -Car Allowance
My client a major player in the professional service sector. Due to expansion they are currently recruiting for a talented System Engineer to join their team.
About the role
The succesfull candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support for the Operational as well as supporting the delivery of system changes and projects, working on all design and commissioning activities of projects including design, test, and handover.
You will ensure all work is completed on time and to high standards. You must be self-motivated and confident as working on your own is as important as being an integral part of the team.
- Liaise with suppliers in the production of project designs and resolutions to problems.
- Carry out problem investigations and write up the results.
- Review customer Requests for Change and produce technical responses and resource estimates on behalf of the Operational Service team.
- Attend customer technical workshops and be able to present technical proposals.
- Produce design documentation that reflects the system implementation to a high degree.
- Produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs and system changes.
- Prepare and configure systems for FAT and SAT testing.
- Carryout witnessed FAT and site testing.
- Carryout onsite commissioning.
- Provide support to site implementation team.
- Provide support for sales activities and product reviews.
- Production of handover documents.
- Report against programme to relevant project manager.
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal).
- Develop practices and policies for effective engineering delivery and support Continual Service Improvement initiatives.
Experience in support, design, and project delivery on any of the following will be required:
- Engineering design and delivery practices
- Server Hardware specification and auditing
- Windows Server OS Deployment, Administration, and maintenance
- SQL Databases
- Computer Aided Dispatch
- Voice Systems (TDM and/or SIP)
- Active Directory administration and Group Policy creation
- IP Network Routing and Switching, and Firewalls.
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety and best working practices.
- 25 Days, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support