We are looking for an experienced Information Security Engineer to join our UKMS team. You will be tasked with solving design challenges and implementing solutions to problems to create secure critical infrastructure systems and software projects across our business. Your engagements will be consulting-led, focused on understanding the customer's business, building trust and providing cyber security expertise across security designs, product selection.
The Information security engineer will provide specialist information security support across the ESN Programme and pursuits within the Business, delivering effective information security solutions integrated within complex information systems and sub-systems, providing documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities within the programme context.
● Deploying, configuring and operating security toolsets.
● Assist in the timely integration of information assurance activities with system engineering, design, manufacturing and support programmes.
● Engaging with stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
● Liaison with customers, accreditors and technical authorities.
● Development of security processes and procedures to operate tooling effectively
● Providing security documentation and evidence to meet Home Office security accreditation requirements.
● Knowledge and understanding of Government information security policy, standards and guidance.
● Experience in generation of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
● Demonstrable experience with modern security toolsets and techniques, including SIEM, Vulnerability Management, build standards, secure remote access solutions and PKI solutions.
● Information assurance experience across the Systems Engineering, Development Life-cycle preferred but not essential.
● Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes.
● Experience of product / systems development environment.
● Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
● Ability to work with limited day-to-day supervision, must know when to seek assistance.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt depending on audience
● Ability to discern the key technical, commercial, and programme influences from available ‘noisy’ information
● Ability to contribute to schedule adherence, and technical performance trade-offs
● Systems thinker and systems engineering experience.