Senior SQL Database Administrator
Location: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Pay: £60’000 per annum.
Senior SQL Database Administrator, SQL, SQL Database Administration
A brilliant permanent opportunity has arisen to work at a successful company based in Borehamwood. The successful individual will be a hardworking, dynamic, and dedicated Senior SQL Database Administrator with a proven extensive track record of SQL Database administration experience.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, (This may include after-hours and weekends in major incidents)
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought into the organisation, to advise on whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, or other technologies to best serve the business needs
- Install and configure new SQL Servers and clustering / high availability technologies.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and internal teams.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- To oversee the SQL server performance and provide SQL code reviews for the Support and Information management teams.
- To ensure that the SQL server estate and associated databases are properly maintained to best practice standards and that backup resilience is successfully maintained.
- To make sure all change control procedures are adhered to and code reviews completed in a timely manner.
- To make sure the integrity of the database and SQL servers are maintained.
Successfully considered applicants must demonstrate the following:-
• On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for 5-10 years.
• Finding DMV queries to answer questions about server-level performance
• Using tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues.
• Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
• Troubleshooting hardware issues using standard tools
To be considered for the shortlist for this position, please apply today.