SQL DBA – SQL, SQL Server, DBA, Database Administrator
An experienced SQL DBA is required to work for a leading Retail organisation, on a 3 month contract basis, to work and support several ongoing and new projects. The Senior SQL Database Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of SQL Server infrastructure in order to minimise day to day housekeeping and maximise system availability.
- Support multiple Business Areas with the management, maintenance and monitoring of the core SQL server infrastructure
- Ensure reliable performance and availability of the SQL server infrastructure including managing both ad-hoc and scheduled change requests
- Provide crucial support to the Service Management and Delivery Team
- Ensure change management and configuration updates is handled as per defined process
Key skills and experience:
- Proven experience of providing DBA Support at a senior level
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server Clustering / GEO – Clustering / Always On- Data Management, Warehouse, ETL and Cube processing
- Writing scripts, Log Shipping, producing reports, performance tuning, automated back-ups, security, etc.
- Strong availability and disaster recovery experience
- SQL SME with a Microsoft Certification in SQL
Please apply with CV for immediate consideration.