Our client is seeking 2 Transmission Planner's to join their team. One of these would be 5 days per week and other would be part time at 3 days per week. Both roles would be initially completely remote but there is an expectation to eventually spend 30-40% of your working week at the client site.
Design, develop, optimise and implement a cost-efficient high-performance Fibre and Microwave radio link transmission network, to support the needs of Mobile Networks in the rollout and upgrade of services for various technologies to RAN cell sites or others.
- Plan and implement transmission solutions, especially microwave transmission, in line with needs of business and guidelines and strategy.
- Link design, interference and frequency planning and production of licence applications and link orders.
- Ensure all records and databases are kept current and provide complex reporting to senior stakeholders when requested.
- Ensure solutions are cost appropriate and that capex and opex cost of solutions are aligned to budget, targets and specific project needs.
- Technical approval of site drawings, site engineering packs and link acceptance folders. Production and maintenance of good documentation for own area of responsibility
- Transmission support of other projects including special sites, Hotspots and Fixed Mobile customers.
- Work with stakeholders, supporting other teams within Area, other departments and external agencies,
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Technical knowledge and ability in transmission, especially microwave radio network link design with point-to-point and experience of fibre deployment.
- Problem analysis and solving.
- Complexity: Comfortable with complexity, hitting targets and handling change. Able to provide focus in turbulent environment, whilst meeting targets.
- Good general IT skills, especially competence with Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Experience of large infrastructure rollout projects and delivering within these, to aggressive timescales and targets.
- Possessing practical engineering knowledge and commercially aware, so that designs and plans are able to be implemented and are cost effective.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Engineering qualification in telecommunications/electronics or at least 5 years proven experience/competence of involvement in the planning and implementation of telecommunications networks in challenging environments.
- Good understanding of microwave network technology and engineering.
- Experience of geographical info systems (GIS) and other computer-aided-design tools,
- Good knowledge of the technology of transmission (IP, Ethernet, microwave) and of cellular technologies: GSM, WCDMA, LTE
Please attach your CV for consideration.