Here at IDPP, we’re fortunate enough to work with clients who value training and professional development as much as they value a healthy, constructive and enjoyable working environment.
For this particular client, we are looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer for a permanent role.
Our client supports their international offices by developing, rolling out and maintaining systems and processes, using cutting-edge software and hardware. They have a brand new workspace, which means there's a great working environment for the team.
PLEASE NOTE: The team has shifts, so you may be working early mornings, evenings and weekends – Rotas will be discussed directly with each applicant at interview stage.
What you'll do:
• Part of the global team to support the global Office 365, Exchange and Mobile Services.
• Dealing with incoming incidents and end to end management of your queue.
• Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
• Work closely with the Desktop, Wintel, UC, and Network Engineers
• Proactively monitor and troubleshoot all IT incidents in adherence to SLAs.
• Mentoring level 1 support staff and assisting them as required
• Provide rapid diagnosis of client applications primarily focused on Outlook and other Office 365 services and associated clients.
• Prompt escalation of Incidents to 3rd level resolution teams or Third Party Suppliers as necessary
• Completing analysis of closed tickets to identify trends and to provide training or technical improvements to minimize future tickets
• Prepare documentation and training guides to develop the IT knowledgebase and support the IT Helpdesk team as necessary.
• Engage with the wider support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
• Make sure we’re consistent around the world, by working with your peers to hand over, follow through and fix internal customers' problems and to improve common processes and controls
• Capture and share the right information about customers’ issues in the CRM
• Uphold our client’s standards, processes and policies
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need:
•Two years or more of service desk support experience
•Experience of maintaining a great service across different time zones
•Good foundational knowledge of core Microsoft technologies - Active Directory, AAD, DNS, DHCP, Conditional Access
•Experience in supporting Office 365 suite of products like Exchange, Teams, Planner, Intune, etc.
•Good knowledge of supporting Microsoft Exchange 2016, Exchange Online and associated clients
•Windows Desktop Operating Systems - Windows 7 and Windows 10
•Experiencing in support EMM services like MobileIron, Intune & BlackBerry
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help:
• Knowledge, experience or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Certification as a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or equivalent
What you'll be like:
• A great problem solver with the knack of coaching others to do the same
• A really good communicator – great at listening, persuading, influencing and negotiating
• Strongly customer-focused, used to providing support to demanding users
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• The ability to work as part of a team across time zones and to share information and lessons learned with the wider technical team.
• A real attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Flexible and willing to learn – how we work in this new hub will evolve, so you'll need to adapt