IT Helpdesk Support - 1st Line
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Pay: £22’000 - £25’000 per annum
Days: FT Monday – Friday – 40 hours per week (8am - 17:30)
Contract Duration: Permanent Role
Active Directory. 1st Line, 2nd Line, Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Support
A brilliant permanent opportunity has arisen working for a fantastic company within the healthcare sector based in Kent, with occasional requirement to travel to other sites. You will be working alongside a fantastic team, as part of a centralised Service Desk, acting as the first point of contact for all IT support queries whether it be via phone, email or face to face.
The role will include logging and managing support requests on our internal Service Desk system, problem diagnosis, work allocation and resolution while working to Service Level Agreements. It requires an excellent understanding of, and commitment to good customer service, along with a solid understanding of I.T.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Queries could include or be related to but not limited to:
Network Accounts; System Accounts; Firewalls; Routers/Switches; MS Exchange; Servers; VPN; Telephone System; Active Directory; Group policy; Mobile Phones; Tablets; Printers; Scanners; Photocopiers; Faxes; Projectors; PC’s / Laptops; Monitors & Peripherals; Landline Phones; Microsoft Office Products; Sage X3; Adobe Professional/Reader; Java; SharePoint; Anti-Virus; Popular Internet browsers; In house custom Software; Ticketing System; Encryption software
- To resolve as many queries on first contact as possible within the remit of the team and within knowledge. To escalate within the team if you are unable to deal directly and to ensure knowledge is gained going forward
- To log all queries on the Service Desk management software ensuring ‘tickets’ are fully noted, categorised and assigned and managed within SLA’s
- To prioritise and escalate tickets accordingly
- To identify problems from repeat incidents and escalate internally
- To be able to provide meaningful instruction to users at their technical level of understanding and be able to advise users on best practice (E.g. File management and storage issues)
- To provide general support including support Microsoft Office products
- To administrate company mobiles phones and provide guidance
- Administration of user accounts using Active Directory
- Support printer and photocopiers and liaise with the leasing company to manage fault resolution and facilitate meter readings.
- To provide the highest level of 1st & 2nd Line user support, both technical and non-technical, to new and existing Clinical and Administrative members of staff across the Group, this may include areas of system training using remote tools, in person or a group.
- To assist in maintaining and developing the positive reputation of the team and of IT as a whole, and where possible create and sustain proactive links with ward staff, hospital management and other departments across the group.
- Undertake any reasonable request within own competencies and understanding.
- Ensure data security, & also adhere to policies & procedures at all times.
- Provide any additional support to any team member as required.
- Uphold procedures and guidelines set out by the Business Systems & Service Delivery Team.
- Follow Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the Health Care Group.
- Great experience of 1st Line Support or Customer service with technical ability
- Strong overall team ethic with ability to use own initiative to complete tasks
- An excellent understanding of, and commitment to good customer service
- A hardworking and committed individual
- A helpful, polite, enthusiastic, and positive manner