Solution Design Engineer - Ops Comms, Solution Design, Telecoms, Telecommunications, Rail
Telecoms, Telecommunications, Telco, Design, Engineer, Ops Comms, Operational Communications, Rail, Solution Design, Designer, Railway, Project Engineer, Telecoms Engineer
Central London (office based at least twice a week)
IDPP are looking to speak with Solution Design Engineers to join their busy client, a growing IT and Telecommunications Service Provider to work on high profile, national Rail projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and delivering Ops Comms and Telecommunications solutions including operational telephony, signalling, voice, copper and fibre.
Reporting to the Engineering Lead, the successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for delivering the engineering aspects for a major tender response and the subsequent delivery.
- Analyse the requirements for the Ops Comms and SCADA projects.
- Creating solution designs for Ops Comms projects including operational telephony, signalling, voice, copper and fibre.
- Working on tender responses including pre-sales as part of a dedicated tender response team.
- Working with the wider team, Programme Manager and external partners to specify equipment and architect the solutions.
- Providing Bills of Materials for equipment and cost breakdowns for effort.
- Ensuring the highest quality output.
To be considered you must have:
- Prior experience of delivering large scale Ops Comms projects within rail from an engineering perspective.
- Ops Comms solution design experience (including operational telephony, signalling, voice, copper and fibre).
- Pre-sales experience working on tender responses including provision of BoMs and cost estimates, working with partners and driving delivery methodology and strategy.
- Knowledge of Relocatable Electronic Buildings (REB) specifications.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please apply with CV.