For great engineers we offer generous rewards and a clear career progression. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team where individual projects are short and varied - production systems are updated on a daily basis. Dedicated operations and support teams allow you to concentrate on getting the job done.
As part of a small scrum agile team you will develop, test and deliver changes to our transaction engines, reporting tools and supporting systems.
You have excellent object-oriented software engineering skills – framework knowledge is great, but strength in the fundamentals is essential.
You work effectively under your own direction for the whole software life-cycle - but you might not get much chance to put your headphones in, since we produce our best working closely with the rest of the team.
What does success look like?
• A five nines platform that handles hundreds of transactions every second of every day
• Extending our system to touch more transactions never takes as long as expected
• The product team can’t stop smiling
• You aren’t here after hours
• Develop and maintain software applications to a high standard
• Comprehensively test software through automated test frameworks
• In the context of our agile methodology, agree and meet delivery commitments
• Must have: Java 8 / Perl / Spring / Mockito / Cucumber
• RESTful web services, JSON / JMX remoting
• Postgres / Elastic
• Configuration management (Puppet) and a Linux OS (RHEL)
• Git, GitLab / GitHub and continuous integration (Jenkins)
All About You
• Proven experience of Java development and testing, ideally in the context of web services
• Experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and collective code ownership an advantage
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging an advantage
• You may have a Computer Science or related degree, or be qualified by experience
• Demonstrable commitment to professional development and open to new languages