A global payment solutions services provider is looking to add a Senior Java developer to their close-knit Agile team to join, lead and assist in the development, testing and delivering of the company's transaction engines.
You aren’t just a headphones-in hero. As a senior engineer we depend on your ability to take the lead, whether that’s driving through a time critical feature, managing up a scope compromise, or mentoring the rest of the team.
You have great fundamental engineering skills across multiple technologies and approaches. You are an advocate for technical change who always leaves things better than you found them.
What does success look like?
- A five nines platform that handles hundreds of transactions every second of every day
- Extending our system to touch more transactions never takes as long as expected
- It's easy to give and receive feedback on bold refactors as you work
- The product team can't stop smiling
- You aren't here after hours
- Develop and maintain software applications to a high standard
- Comprehensively test software through automated test frameworks
- In the context of our agile methodology, agree and meet delivery commitments
- Take responsibility for leading development changes with minimal supervision
- Assist with mentoring less experienced engineers
- Java 8 / Spring / Mockito / Cucumber
- RESTful web services, JSON, JMX remoting
- Postgres / Elastic
- Configuration management (Puppet) and a Linux OS (RHEL)
- Git, GitLab / GitHub and continuous integration (Jenkins)
All About You
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment, with continuous integration and collective code ownership
- A high degree of skill in Java web service development and testing
- Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging
- You may have a Computer Science or related degree, or be qualified by experience
- Demonstrable commitment to professional development and open to new languages