We are currently partnering with a largeprivate organisation based in central London seeking a highly experienced professionals to join them on a permanent basis as a Senior Technology Advisor for Network Security.
- Supporting the management and progress monitoring of a security and resilience assurance scheme that has been introduced across companies in the NIS Digital Infrastructure sector and the Communications Provider community. This will include carrying out and managing security assessments and monitoring improvement plans.
- Working closely with other regulators, both within the UK and beyond, NCSC in their role as the UK’s NIS technical authority and DCMS as the lead government department.
- Work with other members of the team in responding to and assessing telecoms and digital infrastructure company's responses to security incidents that occur in their infrastructure.
- Work with the investigations teams to provide technical support in relation to any enforcement activity.
Skills, knowledge and experience
Whilst some of the technologies associated with telecoms network services are long established, new and innovative technologies continue to emerge and their configuration and management continues to evolve to match the increasing consumer demand for broadband capacity and a better quality of experience. These include the roll-out of faster fibre, cable and wireless access networks, the transition from PSTN to voice over IP telephony services, evolution of key core bearer routing and transmission technologies, and a wider use of software controlled flexible network elements.
Candidates for this role should have:
- A good understanding of the technical design and implementation of security controls required to protect fixed and mobile telecoms networks, internet gateway providers and DNS infrastructure providers.
- A good understanding of the security challenges arising from current and emerging technologies including; cloud hosted solutions, software defined networks, NFV, multicasting, content delivery networks, faster optical fibre connections, 5G, Internet of Things and DNS infrastructure.
- A good understanding of how to implement effective operational tools and procedures to support security architecture.
- A good understanding of how risk management and governance frameworks support security architecture.
- Experience with evaluating technical vulnerabilities and identifying reasonable and appropriate control measures.
- Written and oral communication skills including clear and effective presentation to both internal and external audiences.
- Appreciation of and desire to promote the organisation's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Experience and understanding of managing and monitoring cyber security assurance programmes.
- Experience of project management including developing and delivering against plans, managing risks and issues along the way.
- Preferably educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Have an existing security clearance, or clearable to 'SC’ level
To apply please submit a copy of your up to date CV along with any appropriate supporting documentation.