Job involves developing technical content and publications about company's systems, programs, and services for the financial institutions that use the company's network. Also involves researching, selecting, and implementing new documentation and online publishing technologies and defining department-wide processes.
• Develop task-based and reference information for technical manuals, release documents, and bulletins for the financial institutions that uses company's systems, programs, and services.
• Gather technical information by interviewing subject matter experts, reading functional specifications, and/or observing testing.
• Develop content to be published online, on CD-ROM, and in print.
• Manage all aspects of a documentation project, including defining the deliverable, project milestones, and schedule.
• Produce content and publications according to corporate identity and publishing standards.
• Complete projects within assigned time-lines and schedules.
• Lead project teams of peers, define goals, and deliver results.
• Research and evaluate new documentation tools and methods; develop and improve documentation and publication processes.
• Mentor other employees in content development and publication skills.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 3 - 5 year’s technical writing experience in developing software or computer systems documentation.
• Strong PC skills, including word processing applications.
• XML and content management tools experience.
• Online help experience.
• Solid project management skills, team management skills, and ability to lead documentation projects.
• Broad knowledge in the field is preferred.
• Ability to work as a member of a project team and manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interact with customers to understand their business and information needs, and to develop information products to meet those needs.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to complete project milestones within tight schedules and on relatively complex projects and conduct detailed interviews and analysis.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with other groups to define publication processes, and communicate the processes to co-workers."
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Business, or equivalent experience.