Senior Software Development Engineer
Software; Cloud; Java; Devops; docker, puppet
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Development Engineer to join a global financial company to build the next generation Digital Identity on a global scale to be cloud native. This is a 12 month contract with the potential to become permanent and is based in south Dublin.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
- Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
- Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
- May manage medium-sized project/initiatives
- may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work - Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
- Experience of leading or small team or mentoring junior members of staff.
- Exposure to different programming languages - Java and Goovy is essential
- Experience with building and deploying app via CI/CD, experience with Jenkins
- Working knowledge of Cloud Tools such as Docker, Puppet/Chef/Salt
- Working knowledge of orchestration engines such as Kubernetes.