Overall purpose of the job
To work within the Systems Development team and develop web based applications.
Working with the Systems Architect and other software developers to plan, develop and systems test the system and associated applications.
This role acts as deputy to the Systems Architect and as such carries responsibility for standing in with regards to infrastructure and technical issues in times of leave, sickness etc.
• Develop the Ontrack application set based on supplied system requirements and specifications.
• Use PHP/PHP-OOP and MySQL with PHP frameworks (especially Symfony v1.4/Doctrine v1.2 ) as specified by the agreed Ontrack architecture.
• Use front/back end web application technologies Angular (2 ), Node/Express JS and NoSQL (MongoDB) as specified by the agreed Ontrack architecture and technical stack to develop new applications.
• Manage source code using the specified management tools (Git).
• System test and work with QA Test and Business Analysts to quality check developed applications.
• Use Jira to manage work as part of a Scrum methodology.
• As required, provide System and iOS App support to business and customer end users.
• Liaise with IT help desk, coordinating issues through to resolution.
Communication & Other Duties
• Good inter-personal communications.
• Good problem solving and debugging skills.
• Ability to pick something up quickly, develop productively and produce optimised working code to a short deadline.
• Attend IT and Systems meetings as required, ensuring active participation bringing issues, proposals and resolutions to the table.
• Provide excellent communication ensuring business and users are kept fully informed at all times.
• When required, support other IT/Systems colleagues with work priorities.
Safety, Health, Environmental:
• Apply the principles of STAN (Stop, Think, Assess, No Excuses) to get your job done safely.
• Follow safe systems of work at all times.
• Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Take all reasonable steps to uphold the environmental values of the company.
Quality & Productivity:
• Apply the principles of MORA (Meet our customers’ expectations, Open and Honest ‘put yourself in their shoes’ act with integrity, Recognise our responsibilities, Always deliver the ultimate customer experience ‘provide the best possible impression.
• Always endeavour to perform your duties in a way that maximises efficiency and productivity.
• Effectively communicate with fellow colleagues, members of the public and our clients in a courteous and respectful manner.
• Acts in a professional manner at all times to ensure the good reputation of The Client.
Experience - Essential
Experience - Desirable