Skills: 2nd Line Support, Second Line Support, IT Support, IT Technican, ITIL, Service Management, Technical Analyst,
An IT managed service provider requires a 2nd Line Support Engineer for a long term contract to be based out of their Guildford office location.
This role would ideally suit someone with between 12-18 months experience in a 2nd Line Support role who is looking to further their experience.
2nd Line Support Responsibilities:
- Ensure assigned call requests and incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Problem Determination & Root Cause Analysis; Troubleshooting Integration Errors and Workplace related customer issues
- Accountability for locally held stock of Desktop/Laptop,/Tablet hardware and other peripherals e.g. printer, display screens, docking stations etc. that are used to fulfil requests, ensuring Asset Procurement and Stock Control processes are followed
- Adherence to agreed SLA’s in relation to Production availability and incident Management
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 12 to 18 months experience in a technical support environment with a very strong all round technical competence
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Excellent knowledge of: Desktop PC's and operating systems (Windows XP/Windows7/Windows8), networking and firewalls
- Experience with: Anti-virus software management and rollout, backup technology, server installation, terminal server, IT security, data replication technologies
- Experience in server set up, configuration and support - in particular small business server 2003/8 and server 2003/8, Exchange 2003/7/10
- Ideally Microsoft qualified.
Interviews will take place this week, please submit your CV for immediate consideration.