Fibre Planner, Fibre Engineer
Skills: Fibre, Duct, Fibre Services, Fibre Engineers, Design, Plan, Delivery, Security Clearance, SC, Security Cleared, GIS, SmallWorld,
Our Glasgow based client requires a Fibre Planner for an initial 6 month contract to assist them with the planning, design and delivery of fibre and copper pilot cables.
The purpose of this role is to provide those planning and design services as well as support a Project Management Office during the delivery phase of these activities.
Please note to the nature of this project and time constraints candidates will need to hold valid and current Security Clearance.
- Design of the external elements of the Fibre and Duct Network for new customer connections
- Plan and design all external duct and fibre/copper infrastructure to achieve customer site connections.
- Use customer CAD drawings and GIS as necessary as well as conduct site surveys and attend site meetings.
- Engage with supply chains to obtain costed responses to designs/plans and validate/challenge responses as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of fibre network construction & architecture practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of NRSWA
- Ability to read fibre optic test results (OTDR, ILM’s)
- BESC-AME certified
- Demonstrable AutoCAD capability
- Some knowledge of Network Architecture
- Ability to use SmallWorld GIS
- SC level Security Clearance
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.