SAP Applications & Desktop Support – SAP
Contract duration: 3 months initially
An excellent opportunity has arisen with our Client based in Swindon. We are looking for a new team member to report to the Team Leader providing 1st and 2nd line Application and Desktop support. The successful person will provide excellent customer service skills, with excellent basic troubleshooting SAP experience.
As a primary communication point between the support team, and the development and / or Infrastructure team, the role requires excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills on a 1st & 2nd line basis to interact with both internal users and customers.
This is office based in Swindon during normal business hours, and will also be part of the on-call rota for out of hours support.
- Highly focused on customer service ensuring the customer experience is always first class and is a role model and mentor for other team members
- Extremely organised with a demonstrable attention to detail when responding to customer queries, requests and logged incidents
- Acts as the point of contact for incidents logged with third parties and is the escalation point through to final resolution
- Provides regular email communications to the business on the status of major incidents
- Provides cover in the absence of the Team Lead
- Actively monitors the Service Now queues to ensure ticket volumes are kept to a minimum and don’t breach service levels
- Monitors SAP batch jobs ensuring periodic checks are carried out and any errors are resolved
- Produces monthly management dashboard reports
- Continually improves user satisfaction (survey results used as a key indicator)
- Proposes improved service delivery procedures and processes in line with best practice and continuous improvement projects
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting Tier 1 Applications (i.e. SAP) at 1st and 2nd level
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer facing role in a corporate environment
- 2 years within an IT service delivery team
- Demonstrable track record of consistent first time incident fixes within service levels
- Experience of successful external client relationships and third party vendor management
- Exemplary customer facing skills and a good team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Adept at supporting IT projects from both the application and desktop support perspectives
If interested, please submit your CV for consideration.