IDPP is representing a technology company in the global payments business. They connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. We are looking for a Risk Management/CRM Analyst to join the organization on a 12-month contract basis in Waterloo, Belgium.
The primary responsibility of the Analyst is to provide support to the risk managers and senior management to help manage the company’s Customer Risk Management function in the region. The role also involves partnering with Corporate Treasury central team and Settlement Operations teams to assist with any CRM data validation or CRM system testing.
The primary responsibility is to support the CRM team to ensure customer risk is appropriately assessed, managed and mitigated in accordance with the policies & procedures and risk appetite framework. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Partner with other regional CRM teams to ensure 24x7 global customer risk exposure monitoring, and participate in decision process when action needs to be taken to block growth in exposure
- Following up with customers and account managers on open settlement positions of customers
- Collaborate with the GBSC Collateral Management team and risk managers on collateral discussion, including signature of security agreements, collection of collateral from customers and ad hoc reporting
- Help prepare external and internal CRM-related reporting (SEC filing, audit committee, ad hoc reporting).
- Review financial statements of customers and perform settlement analysis to prepare underwriting documents (presentations, memos) for further review by risk managers.
- Coordinate credit rating agencies enquiries.
- Perform customer ownership analysis.
- Support cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk goals, policies and procedures requiring credit risk data analytics inputs.
- Participate in various process improvement initiatives and best practices sharing.
All About You
- Postgraduate degree in business, economic, econometric or equivalent.
- Experience in credit risk assessment and financial statements analysis is a strong asset; experience in / knowledge of the banking sector are a strong plus.
- Accuracy, self-drive, accountability and sense of urgency
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint user.
- Positive attitude, strong work-ethic and good sense of humor.