We're looking for an enthusiastic release manager with test system and QA experience to work on our world leading airline passenger servicing system ‘Altea’ - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 800 million airline passengers each year. The role is based at our London Heathrow development center.
You will join an established quality and releasing team that is responsible for managing all test and production releases. Those releases include content created by over 200 developers in 4 international sites.
Your duties will include:
- Yearly release planning (liaising with other Operations teams)
- Planning and documenting each release in detail.
- Tracking the release process to ensure release deadlines are respected.
- Reporting on the release process to all stakeholders and raising concerns where the releasing activities are deviating from the plan.
- In collaboration with the quality manager and the release stakeholders you will set and communicate quality targets for each stage of the release.
- You will work with and encourage the stakeholders to ensure the quality targets are met at each stage of the release.
- You will also manage the technical aspects of releasing to ensure no degradation in the system.
- Co-ordinate and drive weekly test release activities, collaborating with software engineering groups, business analysts and quality engineers in four locations and time zones to release all components of the system: server and UI.
- Manage the creation, gate keeping and implementation of test releases.
- Own and improve the test release cycle and identify opportunities for automation and efficiency gains.
- Own, co-ordinate and drive the test-system problem analysis process, working with software engineers and system operators to identify the root causes of test system incidents and co-ordinate solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
- You will be the main point of contact between our division and the comany's central test-system support teams.
- You will coordinate and drive the quality and stability of our system on test.
- Provide Management reporting of test load efficiency and problem backlog.
- Support and execute production release activities as requested by the line manager.
- Execute a small number of quarterly QA brush tests to assure the quality of the departure control system before it is released into production when requested.
You will have:
- Proven Project planning/tracking skills, preferably cross-site
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you will work closely with your immediate team, with operations and with development teams on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and persuasion skills
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and an ability to help everyone to remain on track through any challenge
- We believe in aiming for excellence, taking responsibility, working together and putting our customers first. We need you to display these qualities too
It would be desirable, but not essential, if you have:
- Knowledge Oracle/ULAM/Winaproach releasing.
- Release Management experience
- ITIL Release Management certification
- Jenkins knowledge
- SCM knowledge, preferably Mercurial or Git/Bitbucket
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience