We're looking for an enthusiastic Python Developer with Linux exposure with interest in DevOps to work on our world leading airline passenger servicing system ‘Altea’ - a system that provides check-in and boarding services to approximately 125 airlines and 800 million airline passengers each year.
- A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, or other significant industry experience
- An interest and exposure in Linux development environments, continuous build tools and pipelines, testing platforms or release processes.
- An interest in DevOps.
- Python/Linux scripting skills.
- Django web development framework experience.
- Some C development experience would be nice but you don’t need to be a C guru
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you will work with operations and development teams on a daily basis
Desirable, but not essential;
- Awareness of cloud technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack or similar)
- Jenkins knowledge
- Source code management knowledge, preferably Mercurial or Git/Bitbucket
- Oracle database knowledge
- An understanding of what it takes to design, build and operate a large scale, complex distributed system that has to operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year.
Initially 6 months contract.
£350 -£400 per day rate.
Short listing Now!