We are currently partnering one of the UK leading technology companies, assisting with their search for a Project Engineer - Station Telecoms Systems to join their team on a permanent basis.
The role will be working part of a multi-skilled technical engineering team. Working on Transport for London (TfL) station communication projects, you will be responsible for taking a workstream from its concept phase through to the FAT stage and and handover to the implementation phase of the project. There will also be a requirement on occasions to be part of the implementation phase of the project. The team design and commission a variety of station systems for TfL including; Station Management Systems, Security CCTV (Analogue and IP), Customer Information Systems and Displays, Public Address, Voice Alarm and Induction Loops, Passenger Help Points, Data Networks and OPO/TtT CCTV Systems.
Duties within the role will include:
- Production of the CDS
- Working with Installation Design Engineers to produce the Detailed Design
- Production of the test documentation taking guidance from the portfolio range (ITPs, SIATs, SITS, IP SCHEMA)
- Production of Bills Of Materials (BoM)
- Attendance at Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Attendance at both internal and external meetings
- Provide support to site teams
- Regular reporting against programme to relevant project manager
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate re-work costs in all delivery phases
- Ensuring knowledge of pathway / GRIP process
- Production of MAID/AIR handover documentation
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience in designing and commissioning of at least one of the following technologies and preferably knowledge of others:
- Station Management Systems
- Security CCTV (Analogue and IP)
- Customer Information Systems and Displays
- Public Address, Voice Alarm and Induction Loops
- Passenger Help Points
- Data Networks
- OPO/TtT CCTV Systems
- Proven experience delivering telecoms related projects into a Rail or Metro environment, including knowledge of Pathway or Grip.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to effectively direct others in the production of design packages and the implementation of these designs in a safe and controlled manner
- IRSE License desirable but not essential
Also included is an excellent benefits package
For further information or to apply for this excellent opportunity please contact Richard New on 02083347562 or respond to this advert with an up-to-date copy of you CV.