We are looking for talented developers with experience in designing PHP & Java software for distributed, highly available systems.
This role reports into one of our Software Development Team Leads in our Edinburgh office and plays an active role within our Global Software Engineering team.
• Provide technical expertise for applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Produce innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
• Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Experience developing large scale PHP services and/or web user interfaces.
• Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum development.
• Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment and prefer collective code ownership.
• Ability to automate unit, integration and system tests.
• Knowledgeable about security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS is desirable.
• Familiarity with APACS, ISO 8583, EMV or other card payment standards desirable.
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.