The ESN Non-functional Test Manager will work collaboratively with suppliers to define, develop and deliver the non-functional aspects of the Test Assurance Programme.
The Non-functional Test Manager is required to work with a multi-discipline, multi-site programme team with focus on Non-functional test delivery.
The key responsibilities of the Non-functional Test Manager vary during the life-cycle of the Project. The test manager will be responsible for the creation of test planning artefacts by following an established approach which seeks to determine test scope and associated details through analysis of the contractual and internal requirements, solution designs, business processes and release schedules.
• Drive the scoping of non-functional test area;
• Implementation of the test principles and test methodologies defined in Test Strategy;
• Conducting or supporting workshops with required stakeholders to derive E2E test scenarios to ensure acceptance and approval of document deliverables.
• Reporting on matters relating to non-functional testing;
• Test Plan reviews and updates as/when required;
• Preparation of test data and test tools in readiness for test execution;
• Participating in Test Readiness Reviews to ensure readiness for test execution;
• Driving issue resolution and supporting the Test Issues Manager in managing the Test Issue Management Log in accordance with the processes defined in company’s Test Incident and Resolution Process;
• Knowledge transfer to test team including supporting test team during validation of test scripts.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Good understanding of test stages and test phases required during systems integration of large communication systems;
• Experience in managing testing of Mission Critical or high availability solutions;
• Good understanding of Public Safety Communication System requirements;
• Good understanding of Mobile Network Operating solutions, OSS & BSS and NOC technologies would be advantageous;
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies and principles;
• Drive to pro-actively anticipate, manage and monitor reporting and progress tracking of test incidents;
• Ability to influence stakeholders to resolve incidents and ensure test objectives are met;
• ISTQB foundation certificate as a minimum;
• ITIL v3 foundation as a minimum, or practitioner would be beneficial;
• Successful at developing and managing relationships at all level organizational levels;
• Experienced in working to ISO Quality Standards;
• Membership (active) maintained within an ICT / engineering based association.
Decision making and Accountability:
This role undertakes work that requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide
and often unpredictable range of multi-faceted contexts problems.
• Production of Test Plans and acceptance thereof;
• Holding Test Readiness and Test Completion Reviews with the Authority;
• Assignment of Resources to Test Activities;
• Capture and recording of Test Issues;
• Reporting of Test Progress and Test Issues Status.