Our client; A market leading network and communications service provider requires an experienced customer focused NOC Technician to provide operational support to specific customer networks based at their Baskingstoke site.
This will suit a pro active and current NOC Technician within level 2 (preferably) who has excellent communication skills and experience working on IP Networks/ Data and has a qualified CCNP and/or JNCIS Qaulification.
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 2nd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults.. Monitor and action the trouble ticket queues on a daily basis in a timely and professional manner. Take ownership of complex investigations and work closely with 3rd line Technical Support.
- Provide operational assistance to all areas of Service Operations, mentor and train members of the NOC and Service Desk.
- Monitoring the network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and statistical analysis.
This role has been identified as being Non Safety Critical.
- SC clearence.
- Good supervisory and people skills.
- Ability to train and mentor lesser experienced members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to converse technical information in a manner appropriate to multiple audiences.
- Organisational skills with ability to work within defined service level agreements and effectively multi-task.
- Advanced 2nd line technical competency level that spans all IP related technologies.
- Cisco CLI & CPE hardware
- Juniper CLI
- IPVPN & MPLS networks
- Switching and Routing Protocols
- Failover Protocols, HSRP,GLBP,VRRP
- LAN managment
- DSL/secure DSL
- Ethernet Services
- ISDN services
- Statacom and Lucent ATM
- APM (Application and performance monitoring)
- Any other task as defined by line management
A competitive salary of £32,000 Shift Allowance
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration!