NOC Engineer - Juniper, Cisco
Days: Monday – Friday
Contract Duration: Permanent
A fantastic Client requires a customer focused NOC Engineer to provide operational support to a specific Managed Service customer’s network. You would be responsible for assuring proactive alarm management, network analysis, routine maintenance, health checks, and crisis management, as well as being an escalation point for the Service Desk.
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 2nd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults. Monitor and action the trouble ticket queues on a daily basis in a timely and professional manner. Take ownership of complex investigations.
- Provide operational assistance to all areas of Service Operations, mentor and train members of the NOC and Service Desk.
- Monitoring the network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and statistical analysis.
- Monitoring the network performance, Identification of activities that present risk to the live network. Action and resolve using the correct processes and procedures.
- Management of technically escalated issues that may require hands-on management of 3rd party vendor activities and customer liaison.
- Drive resolution of customer issues from end to end
- Understanding of IP networking specifically Cisco and Juniper, demonstrated via certification and operational experience.
- Experience working on Data/IP networks within an operational environment; completing 2nd level diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors.
- Demonstrative experience in Incident Management and Service Operations environments
- Willing to go through a Security Clearance
- Good supervisory and people skills.
- Ability to train and mentor lesser experienced members of the team.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to converse technical information in a manner appropriate to multiple audiences.
- Organisational skills with ability to work within defined service level agreements and effectively multi-task.
- Advanced 2nd line technical competency level that spans all IP related technologies.
- Proactive attitude with an ability to take ownership of issues.
- Train Service Desk staff on technical, functional and procedural items.
- Excellent customer focus
- A-level or above, CCNP and/or JNCIS
- Telecommunications or other related industry field of study.
Knowledge of one of more of the following:
• Cisco CLI & CPE hardware
• Juniper CLI
• IPVPN & MPLS networks
• Switching and Routing Protocols
• Failover Protocols, HSRP,GLBP,VRRP
• LAN managment
• DSL/secure DSL
• Ethernet Services
• ISDN services
• Statacom and Lucent ATM
• APM (Application and performance monitoring)
• Any other task as defined by line management.
If interested in this position, please apply today.