Global network and communications service provider are expanding their NOC team and have a requirement for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team.
With over 40 years’ experience in their sector, the business has a strong reputation for innovation and customer experience. Their core areas of expertise lie within data networks, security, voice, managed services and professional services. They have a strong focus on training and development for employees and offer excellent opportunities for progression.
The position includes some queue, workload and team supervision responsibilities, and the role is expected to be a technical focal point and SME within the team for the customer’s network; validating escalations into 3rd level Technical Support, 3rd Party Vendor, and Local Exchange Carriers. Duties also include training other members of the NOC group and associated assurance teams.
- Resolution and diagnosis of network and system faults at a 2nd line support level through proactive alarm management and technically escalated Service Desk faults. Monitor and action the trouble ticket queues daily in a timely and professional manner. Take ownership of complex investigations and work closely with 3rd line Technical Support
- Provide operational assistance to all areas of Service Operations, mentor and train members of the NOC and Service Desk
- Support customer SoW (scope of works) items including major incident management, proactive network audits, problem management, case closure control, service review meetings and ownership of customer improvement plans
- Monitoring the network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks and statistical analysis
- Monitoring the network performance, Identification of activities that present risk to the live network. Action and resolve using the correct processes and procedures
- Management of technically escalated issues that may require hands-on management of 3rd party vendor activities and customer liaison
Experience and skills required:
- Advanced understanding of IP networking specifically Cisco and Juniper, demonstrated via certification and operational experience
- Experience working on Data/IP networks within an operational environment; completing 1st/2nd level diagnostics across multiple technologies and Vendors
- Demonstrative experience in Incident Management and Service Operations environments
- Advanced 2nd line technical competency level that spans all IP related technologies
- Organisational skills with ability to work within defined service level agreements and effectively multi-task
- Proactive attitude with an ability to take ownership of issues
- Train Service Desk staff on technical, functional and procedural items
- Excellent customer focus
- Happy to undergo SC Cleareance
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer Professional to go foward in their career and join a Global Network Organisation!
If this is of interest, please apply today for immediate consideration