Who you’ll be working with:
You will be joining the Platform Engineering group part of the wider 450-people strong Digital Delivery Group working on exciting UK public sector customer projects.
The focus of your role:
You will work closely with project teams on a variety of projects, some of them concurrent, taking a lead role in the network discovery, design and implementation, from receipt of initial customer proposals through design and concluding with successful implementation of the agreed network change.
What you’ll do…
- Solve problems for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams
- Work as a member of a wider team embracing our clients company values, policies and guidelines
- Provide network integration consultancy to other teams within the business
- Undertake network designs and/or provide network design consultancy
- Validate network project requirements to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Acting as an escalation point for network technical risks and issues
- Deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines
What you will bring…
- Good working knowledge of firewalls, particularly Nokia VSX, Checkpoint, Sidewinder F5 BigIPs
- You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed project work with little day to day detailed direction
- Use of MS Visio for creation of design documents
- Excellent interpersonal and team communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards in client facing environments
- Keen to stay up to date, learn, expand knowledge into SDN and infrastructure automation activities
What my client can offer you…
- Professional development
- Accelerated career progression
- An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit
It’s all on offer at this company and although collaboration is at the core of the way they work, they also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please do not hesitate to submit an up to date CV for immediate consideration.