Skills: Network Engineer, Network Engineering, CISCO, Core, Edge, MPLS, WAN
Our managed services client requires a Network Engineer for an initial 3-month contract to be based on their client site in Preston.
- Work with current teams to understand and accept a handover of all network configuration, management and troubleshooting for all networks and associated components across the multi-site business, including all routers, switches, firewall and load balancers.
- Perform all necessary device upgrades & firmware upgrades in accordance with requirements and business risk.
- Although you will be supporting the networks from within the 3rd line support team, you will provide technical advice and resource to the project delivery team.
- Ensure all current processes and policies are adhered to, including and not limited to PCI/DSS, GDPR and other standards.
- Core and Edge switch topology
- Switch stack configuration
- Managed MPLS WAN
- Cisco Catalyst, Nexus and small business products
- Direct internet access with P2P Layer circuits
- Multiple VPNS
- Cisco AnyConnect and Checkpoint Client Access Management
- Duo and Symantec VIP 2FA
- Checkpoint client access with Symantec VIP 2FA
- Mereaki and Cisco Wi-Fi solutions
- Netflow implementation and analysis
- VMWare and Hyper-V network configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Firewalls; Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, WatchGuard
- Load balancers, Netscaler, Jet Nexus
- Remote management of all devices
This role will start on the Monday the 10th of December with interview taking place this week, so please submit your CV for immediate consideration.