Network Design Engineer – Surveying, Connectivity, Topology
Network Connectivity Design, Cisco, Routing, Switching, Topology.
A leading provider of IT Services and Solutions requires a Network Design Engineer for a customer project based in Winchester. The successful candidate will join a team large network transformation programme for a large telecoms client, and will be required to provide site designs to identify where new network infrastructure is required. This is an excellent opportunity to work alongside two leading organisations on a high profile project.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to be SC cleared, or be able to obtain this.
- Identify network connectivity options across sites within the customer network – define high and low level IP network topology for each site; allocate router and switch interfaces for services, and relevant IP addressing and VLANS for WAN & LAN connectivity.
- Deliver proposals for equipment locations – racking, cable routes, power schematics.
- Pre-build configuration to support WAN and LAN connectivity onto new routers/switches prior to installation.
- Pre-build configuration onto existing routers & switches in the core network to provide WAN connectivity to customer sites.
- Microwave Link Management.
- Drive improvements in technical and service performance by providing technical knowledge around network infrastructure performance.
- Strong knowledge of cisco switches and routers.
- Experience of planning network connectivity.
- Experience identifying physical rack layouts, cable installs and power requirement.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with users at all levels and colleagues/stakeholders on a Global basis.
- Willingness to travel to various customer site locations.
This will be an initial contract until March 2019, with potential for extensions to ongoing project requirements. Please apply with CV for further details.