Network Design Engineer- Car Allowance -£55,000- UK Based
My client provides IT services to many of the UK largest and most ‘mission critical’ operational systems. As a result of an increase in their client base they are now recruiting for a result orientated Network Design Engineer with experience designing networks
About the role
The successful candidate will operate as part of a collaborative team working on an array of diverse projects, they will provide skilled IP Networking, telecommunications, and transmission knowledge.
You will need to be highly experienced in producing high and low-level network designs of the highest quality, ensuring security is of the highest standard.
- Produce high-level and low-level designs according to customer requirements.
- Assist installation design engineers in producing detailed schematics.
- Produce test and verification processes to verify the designs produced.
- Produce as-built documentation at the point of installation/commissioning.
- Advise on maintenance and support of the delivered designs.
- Timely and effective progress reporting.
Key Skills – Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of working with the following systems and technologies:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Strong experience in Networking design and delivery in both lab and production environments with practical experience of the following:
- TCP/IP, subnets, QoS, routing, SDN, VRFs, VLANs, VPCs and security
- Routers, switches, firewalls - Palo Alto & FortiGate
- IP routing protocols: BGP, OSPF
- Network and operating systems security principles
- 25 days holiday Bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with company Reward scheme