My client, a leading professional services consultancy, is looking for a Data Scientist to join their Advisory team on an exciting project.
Start date - ASAP
Duration - 3 months approx.
Location - Leatherhead but will work from home until the client offices re-open.
Successful candidates must have valid SC clearance, and will have worked in highly-regulated/mission critical environments e.g. military and defence.
- Designing project specific analysis, including generating and testing hypotheses with stakeholders.
- Collecting and documenting analysis requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Undertaking data capture from numerous systems, including conducting data audits and sanitisations as required.
- Conducting mathematically sound analysis, using appropriate tools and techniques, all documented in a clear way.
- Reporting to clients through either written or verbal presentations.
- Experience with Elastic Search, Kibana and appropriate Add ins
- Demonstrable experience providing client led analysis to support decision makers within either the public or private sectors.
- A passion for analysing data and the ability to provide insights and bring data to life through different presentation outputs.
- Experience working with data lakes/data warehouses.
- The ability to manipulate, sanitise and map large amounts of data.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling.
- Expert Excel user. Experience using at least one of: R, Python, SQL modelling, VBA or similar.
- An interest in machine learning / AI
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to think creatively to data science problems.
- Proactive, and exemplary attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to take complex data and make the output useable and understandable to the C-Suite
- Ability to have a pragmatic and innovative approach when there is a lack of data
- Consultancy soft skills, to enable building of great relationships with clients, facilitate workshops and influence outcomes