For our Transport / Logistics Client based in the NorthWest Region we are looking for a Linux Application Specialist
Our Client requires two standard Linux images - RedHat and CentOs.
This work will require several distinct phases to be completed
- The design of a Template Linux Image
- A design task to decide the configuration of both the source image (which is utilised as a template) AND the final ‘deployed’ image.
- Creation of the Deployment process (based on a VMWare hypervisor) which will deploy a base OS image into the MAG estate for consumption by an application. This will address points such as
- What hardening is required on the final BAU image
- How IP addresses are allocated
- T-Shirt sizing for Linux images (small, medium, large)
- Hardening selections to be applied as the server image is deployed
- Which tools need to be installed (and where from) for management, backup, Anti-Virus, Active Directory Management etc
- Method of joining the server image to the AD Domain – and credentials to utilise
- Installation features to be included / excluded
- Hardening required based on the CIS guidelines we already have in AD
- Patching approach – akin to WSUS and starting from the current Windows approach
- other security configuration – AV, AD membership
- Patching – WSUS type
- Integration with AD for account management
If this sounds like a good fit please get in contact with an up to date copy of your CV.