Lead Telecoms Design Engineer- £70,000- UK Based
My client provides IT services to many of the UK largest and most ‘mission critical’ operational systems. As a result of an increase in their client base they are now recruiting for a result orientated Telecoms Design Engineer with strong documentation experience.
About the role
The successful candidate will take the lead on and resolve highly complex technical design and service issues across multiple technical disciplines for the specific workstreams.
You will work closely with the Design Engineers and the other technical resources to ensure that designs produced meet the requirements of the Client. Provide leadership for root cause analysis and act as a mentor for the team members of the specific workstreams.
- Overseeing the design of the customers telephony systems which must include Cisco Call Manager experience. In addition, awareness of the following would be extremely advantageous:
- IP PBX systems
- Operator consoles
- Directory integrations
- Voicemail platforms
- Call logging systems.
- Voice recording
- Supporting and coaching of assigned design engineers at a technical level and provide professional engineering support to enable my client to deliver high quality solutions to our Client.
- Producing the design strategy for the each of the workstreams.
- Assisting in the design of Proof-of-Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities.
- Attending Client and interface meetings as required
- Taking a lead in defining value add projects and to assist in delivering the projects as a Technical leader.
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams to ensure consistent design across different technical disciplines
- Proven design experience
- Experience of sub contract management would be advantageous.
- 25 days holiday Bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with company Reward scheme