Lead Data Engineer
SAP Data Services / Power BI / SQL / Jenkins / Python / Data Warehousing / Data Services
Contract: 6 months
Rate: £400-450/day OUTSIDE IR35
Location: UK based, remote working
A leading managed service provider has a new contract position available for a Lead Data Engineer to work with their end client, who are a large online retailer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting across multiple data squads the building of high quality, scalable and secure data systems/pipelines, as well as implementing new data systems.
- Ensuring the translation of business problems and data related requirements into solution options
- The go to person for issue resolution and solution design across multiple data delivery squads.
- Leading the design, development and implementation of owned new and optimal data system/solutions, to meet business requirements in alignment with enterprise architecture.
- Maintaining and improving the performance of existing data systems/solution.
- Liaising with the business to analyse requirements and develop data solutions
- Delivering clean and efficient code consistently, reducing the risk of SPF and overall systems maintenance costs
- 10 years strong knowledge of enterprise data warehousing best practices.
- Good knowledge of SAP Data services, Business Objects and IBM DB2
- Good knowledge of Python & SQL for ETL/ELT processes
- Experience of DevOps toolsets including Jenkins, GitHub & Sourcetree
- Experience of successfully designing and delivering IT data solutions
Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.