The role of the IT Technician is to keep computer systems in top working condition and support the users who have problems with their computers. The systems vary from the general users laptops and mobiles through to aspects of the Company's SharePoint sites and networking equipment.
The role will require the individual to perform the following major tasks and duties:
• Talk to users over the phone or via email to provide solutions to technical problems;
• Set up and configure new laptops and mobile equipment for users;
• Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify clients issues;
• Provide users accurate information on IT products and services;
• Implement and improve technical procedures effective in quickly addressing users’ problems to minimize downtime;
• Educate users on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem;
• Explain and provide IT solutions to users in non-technical and comprehensible terms;
• Prepare and present reports to update management on IT support operations;
• Operate and work with equipment such as Laptop, PCs (windows based), network equipment and Mobiles;
• Configure and troubleshoot applications such as SharePoint, Word online and MS Outlook;
• Perform scheduled maintenance on computer systems to ensure efficient operations;
• Repair or replace faulty components of a computer/network system;
• Administer software licenses, including raising order to renew licenses.
Additional Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will be able to shows evidence of an aptitude for problem solving and working with computers. Also important will be that the individual is a reliable, trustworthy individual, who is keen to learn from more senior colleagues and support the Company's ongoing success by providing excellent IT support to users. UK Government security clearance would be an asset.
The following qualifications in ICT will be accepted as evidence of an aptitude for ICT:
• ICT GCSE;
• ICT A Level;
• Degree in Computer Science;
• City and Guilds Advanced Diploma in IT Systems Support;
• BCS Certificate in IT.