Skills: IT Asset Management, IT Asset, Information Technology, IT, Discovery Tools, software, licensing
Our leading IT Services client requires an IT Asset Analyst for an initial 6 month role, to based to on their end client site in Birmingham.
Specifically the IT Asset Management Assistant will cover the following key responsibilities with the assistance and guidance, when required, from the IT Asset Manager:
- Act as one of the first point of contact for all software licence compliance issues and questions.
- Assist with any software and hardware compliance audits.
- Ensure Optimum use of all software licences.
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Hardware or Software Asset Management information which come in primarily via email or the Remedy Toolset.
- Act as one of the approvers for all asset requests as per the defined hardware and software policies, communicating with the wider business as to why business cases are required and have/have not been successful
- In conjunction with 2nd line on site IT teams, manage the distribution of hardware across all offices to ensure stock levels are relevant and that equipment is allocated efficiently and appropriately. i.e. in adherence to the hardware asset policy and in SLA.
- Implementation/Execution: good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Innovate: introduce new ideas and processes which improve performance and productivity.
- Conscientious individual with exceptional attention to detail, willing to go the extra mile focused on delivering excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of at least two major software vendors.
- Ability to engage with individuals at all levels of the business.
- Tenacity to ensure accuracy and value of asset data at all times
- Knowledge of Information Technology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proven researching ability
- Finance Understanding
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
This is an urgent role with interviews taking place over the next couple of days