Skills: Infrastructure Architect, Architect, Infrastructure, Architecture, Roadmaps, Data Centre, Designing, Planning, Virtual Hosting, Cloud Hosting
Our Stansted based client has a unique and exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Architect to join them on a 2-year fixed term basis. You will work as park of a central team of architects who are responsible for defining and designing the IT capabilities that will underpin the organisations long term aims.
There is a mixture of onsite data centres and offside provided and public cloud environments that provided physical and virtual hosting capabilities.
You will be responsible for designing the capabilities required, delivering roadmaps and change plans, and will participate in project governance ensuring that deliveries in line with and delivering the roadmap.
Essential technical skills:
- Infrastructure subject matter expert
- Architectural modelling, design and road mapping
- Demonstrable success in delivering roadmaps and designs in a similarly sized organisations: multiple data centres, 30,000 indirect employees, national footprint with global satellite sites, hundreds of servers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Infrastructure Architect
Desirable technical skills:
- Network subject matter expert
- Experience of airport development projects
- TOGAF or equivalent qualified
General business skills:
- A degree level qualification and/or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience interacting with senior level executives.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Proven ability to work within a matrixed team to achieve expectations
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities
- Ability to work well and deliver under pressure
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working within PRINCE2, and RIBA or equivalent structured projects
Our client are looking to conduct interviews over the coming weeks, please submit your CV for immediate consideration