Head of Portfolio Management / PMO - Charity Sector
Our client is an established Charity founded in the UK over 100 years ago. They now support projects in over 100 countries Globally, providing humanitarian aid, fighting starvation and working to protect the most vulnerable in society.
They have an opening within their technology transformation team for a Head of Portfolio Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and executing the governance around the full portfolio of transformation projects. Reporting to the CTO, the role will manage 4 direct reports and budget of circa £20m.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Portfolio Planning: Proactively driving project collaboration; ensuring project information is consolidated for monthly reporting activities; feasibility analysis of the integrated plan; chairing monthly reviews of the portfolio plan.
- Leading a PMO function focused on delivery support.
- Governance: Define and maintain the governance structure for effective decision making at all levels of the portfolio.
- Reporting: Develop and provide accurate information for decision making at governance boards.
- Risk Management & Compliance: Implement risk management processes and tools. Oversee the portfolio risk register. Once projects are integrated, resolve issues.
- Budget management: track and manage spend for transformation projects.
- Change Control: Implement and promote change control processes and tools.
- Proven background managing portfolios within IT related projects.
- Career experience within a PMO function.
- Experience working on programmes with multinational focus, e.g. Global deployments.
- Strong background in dependencies management and demand/supply of key resources.
- Significant experience in project and change management practices, standards and methodologies.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking. Excellent analysis and insight capability.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, up to exec level.
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach a team. Strong influencing skills.
*Police vetting will be required due to the post holder’s access to sensitive information.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an internationally recognised Charity organisation, to influence and shape how transformation projects are managed and delivered.
Please apply with CV for further details.