Fibre Supervisor, External Works Supervisor, External Works Quality Supervisor, External Works Quality Manager – Civils, Cabling, Fibre, Splicing, Telecommunications, Telecoms
Skills: Fibre Supervisor, External Works Supervisor, External Works, External Works Quality Supervisor, External Works Supervisor, External Works Manager, Telecommunications, Telecoms, Civils, Cabling, Fibre, Splicing
Location: Glasgow based (must be willing to travel across Scotland and NW England)
Duration: 6 months
Our Glasgow based client requires a Fibre Supervisor for a 6 month contract assisting on a Telecommunications Infrastructure installation project.
The purpose of this role is to directly supervise the Civils, Cabling and Fibre Engineer teams, to ensure the installation quality meets the end clients standards as well as monitor operational issues such work is completed in line with target dates and completion dates.
- Direct Supervision of Civils, Cable and Fibre teams
- Liaising with Fibre Planners to agree any proposed design changes
- Ensure Installation Quality meets the end clients standards as well as ensure works is completed according to Health and Safety legislature and safe working practices
- Carry out regular audits e.g. Network, Installation Quality, Health and Safety Compliance, ODF, Cable Tracing and Patch Cord Identification
- Provide technical guidance and act as a point of contact for customer representatives and supply chain
- Ensure Supply Chain partners provide adequate resources and equipment
Skills & Experience
- Proven External Works Quality Supervisor/Fibre Supervisor experience within the Telecommunication Sector
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practises and the ability to conduct Health & Safety Compliance Audit
- NRSWA Accreditation Unit 10 and SMSTS certified
- Health and Safety Certification e.g. IOSH, Construction Skills Certification Scheme
- Proven experience performing and analysing the results of Fibre Optic Tests such as OTDR and ILM
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a civil construction role dealing with utility installations, mainly in relation to telecommunications or other fibre works
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.